Indoor Air Quality For Sedalia and Surrounding Areas
While our homes are built tighter today to increase their energy efficiency, unfortunately, this means that there is less fresh air exchange making our indoor air stale and full of pollutants.
They also lose humidity in the winter when the furnace is running full blast and removing all of the moisture. Luckily, Premier Climate Control has the solution to both of these indoor air problems.
Signs Your Home Needs a Humidifier
- Itchy, Dry Skin – As the humidity decreases, skin dries out and gets uncomfortably itchy
- Dry, Bloody Noses – When the membranes in the nose dry out, the skin can crack and cause your nose to start bleeding, seemingly without cause
- Sore Throats & Dry Mouth – Breathing dry air all night can cause sore, irritated throats in the morning
- Colds & Coughs – The skin in your nose and throat is designed to capture microbes, but when these areas are too dry, they cannot function properly, thus letting germs pass into your lungs
- Chapped Lips – Usually attributed to cold winds, lack of humidity is the real culprit
- Dry, itchy eyes – Everyone will probably notice this annoyance if your air is too try, but contact lens wearers may suffer even more
- Static Electricity – Household members seem to get shocked every day
- Cracks in Wood Furniture & Gaps in Wood Flooring – Just like us, the wood floors and furniture around your home react to the humidity in the air, and crack when the air is too dry
If you’ve noticed any of these signs, the air in your home is lacking moisture. A whole-house humidifier will solve the problem. At Premier Climate Control, we carry Aprilaire whole-house humidifiers.
We can help you choose the one that’s right for your home. Don’t suffer this winter with all the symptoms of low humidity. Keep your family healthy and happy and save money on energy bills with warm, moist air all season long.
Filters and UV Lights Catch Dust and Kill Bacteria
Pollutants fill the air in your home. If you have any allergy or asthma sufferers, installing an air filter and UV light is very important. Air filters catch dust, dust mites, pet hair, pet dander, and other irritants and filter them out of the air in your home.
UV lights kill any bacteria lingering in your ductwork to keep your air pure and healthy. Ask us about installing an air filter or UV light in your home and breathe a little easier.
Programmable Thermostats Save You Money
If you’re interested in saving money on your heating and cooling bills, a programmable thermostat is a must. According to the Energy Star website, you can save about $180 every year in energy costs just by using your programmable thermostat properly. Let us install one in your home and help you program it properly to help you save big.